Livin' The Life My Soul Intended

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Wellness Show



This weekend I went to the Wellness Show in Vancouver. It was amazing! The first day, I went to see Cory Holly speak and Mariel Hemingway. Cory Holly spoke about achieving your ideal body weight, in a holistic way. It was very motivating and interesting. What stood out to me is that food is a drug to many of us. I know for a fact that is for me. What's crazy is that I've been "dieting" forever. A good friend of mine and I always have said that eating is like drugs to us. To have that fact confirmed was such a relief! Here I thought my problem has been that I lacked motivation, or I just wasn't committed enough. That I'm destined to be overweight. Cory mentioned how it's never spinach or broccoli that we crave and binge on, it's the french fries/chips/ice cream/cookies/pizza...... If I sat down and pigged out on apples, how many could I really stuff in my face, and would it quell that "need". Fascinating! This really changes alot about how I will view my binges(cause it's not going to stop overnight) and how I can drop the addiction and replace with healthier choices. Whenever I think about my weight(which is quite often), I know that I use it as an excuse to not pursue dreams and ambitions. I get really discouraged when I know that I need to get "serious" about losing the weight. I think to myself "Here I go again, cut back the calories to 1600, exercise 6 days a week blah, blah, blah". I anticipate grumpiness and starvation/deprivation. Ok, so I'm quite gung ho right now, because I am not going to limit the amount of veggies/fruit I eat. I'm going to eat lots of healthy food. I will attempt to avoid as much as I can the following items: refined sugar/wheat(it's a real baddy for me)/processed anything(ice cream/McD's/Tim H.)/pork/red meat. I will eat produce in abundance(thank you Ladybug!!!) and in general eat lots of whole foods (brown rice/chicken/salmon/trout/oatmeal/quinoa). I'll keep you posted. I'm going to journal my moods with the food too. I really want to beat this addiction! So here it goes!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blogger rocks! see you have a gift for writing! awesome, i want to see much more from you :) here's to fighting the addiction and grey's anatomy.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Way to go Katherine!!! I am rooting for you.....
Addiction is a tough battle to face...but we all have the strength and courage to do so within ourselves.
I love you lots!
~HUGS~
Angela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home