Livin' The Life My Soul Intended

Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year, New Journey's




Happy 2007!!! I love the clean slate factor of a new year.... it feels great! I am especially excited because I am approaching this year much different than past years. I am one of millions who struggle with "weight issues". This is a very personal topic for me, but I am going to be fearless here to share my journey, as well as a visual document for myself. Shape magazine use to have a woman who they would follow their weight loss journey. I found it really interesting to see their struggle and progress(if any on the scale). I related very much with the emotional aspects of their journey.

I've struggled with my body image since I was 11. I thought I was fat in Grade 7 at 110 lbs. Now this number/scale thing has really been a monster in my life. I look at pictures of me throughout my life and I can tell you what I weighed in every photo. I have been obsessed for a lonnnnnnng time. Well, I'm ready for this chapter to close. I'm sure, like an alcoholic, I will never be free of the temptation, but I'm willing to practice new thought patterns and looking at things from a different angle, which I believe will begin my journey of wellness.

I let go of "the perfect body", and welcome the "healthy body". I plan on using the wonderful resources that I have, great supportive friends and a couple of good books by brilliant authors to start the wellness path. Emotional wellness is my top priority, and if the weight falls off, then that's a healthy byproduct of my healing work.

The two books I will be using are "Do I Look Fat In This?" by Rhonda Britten and "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay.

Here's to a great year to all and I am excited to share what happens along the way(the good, the bad, and the ugly truths).

ps I love that it is a wet/stormy day here on the West Coast, it reflects the storm that has been brewing in my mind/heart for a long time!

4 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger daringtowrite said...

Go neighbour! I know you can do whatever you set your sights and your heart on. Here's to a healthy new year. May it be your best year yet.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger daringtowrite said...

Don't know why that comment was attributed to won instead of me...

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

Thanks for your encouragement!!!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Wishing you health in your mind, body, spirit and heart my dear friend....once that comes the "mask" of weight will begin to release....I have faith in you my friend. I love you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home